(I'm the cute one. Just kidding, I'm the one on the right.)
I'm a 26-year-old, full-time stay-at-home mom of three crazy adorable (sometimes just crazy. Sometimes just adorable) little boys under the age of three. Yes, I'm insane. Yes, I know how "that" happens. No, we won't be "trying for a girl". Moving on. Here they are!
Left to right: Wesley, me, Jack, James, and The Hubs.
In between changing diapers, filling sippy cups, and wiping noses, I scroll through Pinterest, attempt craft projects, drink coffee, and cook food. I have aspirations of homesteading and living in a tiny house (but not until these three hooligans are out of the house. I'm probably not quite THAT crazy). I have recently acquired six chickens and I'm learning how to keep them alive and productive - which is, incidentally, the most I can expect out of myself in a day, as well. I have an Etsy shop, Mini Toppers, in which I sell crocheted baby hats (shameless plug: find it here!). I read voraciously. I try to paint. I love Jesus and my church. I sing loudly in the car, which already embarrasses my children (none of whom are potty trained, so they can quit pointing fingers at me already.) I am frequently overwhelmed by the sheer amount of STUFF that accumulates under the couch in a given day - and am therefore seriously looking into minimalism and love threatening to THROW AWAY ALL THE TOYS. Pretty sure I won't go that far, but it's fun to see the looks on their faces.
I sometimes wish I could walk through the living room without someone grabbing me around the knees. I hide in the bathroom. I frequently get out of the shower only having shaved one leg. Sometimes I get a little closer to the mirror than normal and am shocked by the state of my unplucked eyebrows ("Babe! Why didn't you TELL me I had two caterpillars crawling across my face?!"). I am profoundly introverted. I have very few in-real-life friends because of this - thank goodness I wasn't born a boy, because I never would have gotten up the nerve to ask anyone out and would therefore have been doomed to a solitary life. Some days I announce to The Hubs that he's in charge and I drive to Panera with my Nook and sit all by myself in the corner booth for an hour or two, reading and eating orange scones. I have barely lost any baby weight and the baby is 6 months old. I recently dyed my hair pink after dithering about it throughout my entire last pregnancy, and I LOVE IT.
And now that you know more about me than you EVER wanted to know, we are all set to be friends! I promise to put up lots of adorable-baby photos in between my Pinterest fails, recipes, suburban homesteading discoveries, and mommy-rants. Leave a comment to say hi and let me know you're "out there"!
P.S. Here is a list of things I yelled while typing this post:
"Wesley! Don't step on the baby!"
"James, get Wes' toes out of your mouth, they don't taste good."
"Quit pushing buttons on the phone!"
"Are you seriously pouring your chocolate milk out on the carpet?!"
"Don't put tissues back in the box after you wiped your nose on them!"
Ah, the glamorous life of a mommy.


I CRACKED UP when I read the part about you getting out of the shower with only one leg shaved. Maaan, do I remember those days! I also think it's adorable that you call your spouse, "The Hubs." You are a funny, clever writer, Catherine. Look forward to reading more about your life with the kidlets - - and the Hubs. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Dodie! If I could just get into a routine of some sort - day 1, right leg. Day 2, left leg. Day 3, armpits. Lather, rinse, repeat. Think that would work? ;)
DeleteWe have way more in common than I ever realized! We should build our tiny houses next to eachother someday in the future!
ReplyDeleteTotally! I'm down with a tiny house village :) Especially if we could find a great babysitter and build HER a tiny house nearby!
DeleteYay Catherine! I knew you'd be good at a blog ;)
ReplyDelete